Friday, February 8, 2019

Turning photos into art



A photograph is one thing, but transforming it into a quilted piece of art is delightful.
I have a passion for fabric and textiles and have an itch to create something unique. 







On the technical side of things, graphic design and photo editing software is magic to me. I enjoy tweaking, editing and filtering photos just to see what kind of effects and abstract images I can pull out.





I use several software programs and a laser cutter for precision cuts. Once I have the photo distilled down to a few layers and I'm happy with the layout and design, the high quality cotton fabric is prepped, cut, assembled, fused and quilted.




It's a perfect gift idea for parents with an upcoming anniversary, or to remember a loved one who has passed on.

No comments:

Post a Comment