Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Starting from scratch again

Have you ever worked on a project that wasn't going well but you kept trying different things to fix it because so much time and energy had gone into it?


Welcome to my world.  That's what has been happening with this portrait I'm working on. At first I thought I'd unpick it, but heavens, that would make it worse.  Plus, the laser cutter scorched the lighter fabric and I realized that my needle was too big. The thread was the wrong color and weight and I need to find a better way to fuse the fabric.  

After reading and learning a few things, I visited with my friend with the long arm machine and she gave me some neat ideas and options.  

So rather than feeling dumb that I should have been more conscientious, I'm going to learn from my mistakes and appreciate the knowledge that others are willing to share with me.

It's time to start over!

Related image


No comments:

Post a Comment